Florence is a bustling city full of rich history in every little nook and cranny. Yet, at the same time it is paving the way for the future as well in fashion, art, music, food, business, technology, science, architecture and so much more. Check out our CAPA Florence Blog and Instagram below to see what CAPA students have to say.
Latest Posts from Florence
- Opportunities CAPA Provides for Cultural Immersion on Their Florence ProgramSara, a CAPA Florence alumna, shares some of the best ways you can make the most of your experience abroad in Italy. There are several options for you to meet and mix with locals, practice speaking Italian, and get well-versed with a new culture, so come read more
- On Skills and Relationships Gained Through My Remote CAPA ProgramSarah completed her internship and classes (based in Florence and London) remotely this past semester. She notes what she achieved as an intern at a new Italian handcrafted luxury brand, including a meaningful partnership with NAACP for a Black Lives Matter campaign. Sarah also talks about read more
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Study Abroad in FlorenceItaly’s food, culture, history, art, and beautiful landscapes have long drawn students from across the globe to study abroad, and it comes as no surprise that GoOverseas has named the country one of the most popular study abroad destinations for Americans again in 2020. We have read more
Latest Posts on Instagram
Ready to learn more?!
At CAPA we appreciate the diverse backgrounds and interests of our students! We have compiled a list of resources to help you feel more at home in your new city. Included you’ll find information regarding major news sources and things to do in Florence. You’ll also find resources for students going abroad as an LGBTQ student, students with a disability, students who have dietary restrictions, and students who are wondering how their racial and ethnic identity may be impacted in their new city.
This is only a brief introduction to your city and all it has to offer so please reach out to your program manager with any specific questions or concerns. At CAPA we pride ourselves on our ability to meet individual student needs and go above and beyond to ensure we offer the best student experience abroad possible!
- Churches in Florence
- Islamic Resources and Prayer Times in Italy
- Jewish Resources in Florence
- Sacred Footsteps – 5 Muslim Travel Bloggers
- NAFSA: Rainbow Special Interest Group
- Sexual Orientation Abroad
- LGBT Student to Student Guide
- Nomadic Matt
- Bani Amor
- Racial & Ethnic Minority Students Abroad
- Supporting Diversity in Study Abroad
- Human Rights and Equality in Italy
- @TravelLatina on Instagram
- Travel Noire – Experiences of a Black Traveler
- Students with Disabilities Studying Abroad
- 12 Study Abroad Resources for Students with Disabilities
- Mobility International USA
- Abroad With Disabilities (AWD) Facebook Group
- Accessibility in Italy
- Disability Network of Italy
- Tips for Travelers with Disabilities