A global megacity of 24+ million people, Shanghai is dynamic, technologically advanced, and fast-paced. CAPA students study at Shanghai’s world-renowned research university, East China Normal, University (ECNU). There are a wide array of course offerings available, from history and film to finance and political science. The program also offers classes in English or Mandarin, giving students the foundation to fulfill a range of learning objectives at any language level.
CAPA offers the following programs in Shanghai:
- Global Cities Program: Offered in Fall, Spring, and Summer terms, with coursework in internships.
- Global Business Institute: A Certificate of Study in Global Business and a transcript from the University of Pittsburgh is awarded upon successful completion of the program.
- Custom Programs: Faculty-led programs are flexible in terms of timing and discipline, and make use of CAPA resources to support your program on the ground.
Students will further take their learning outside of the classroom as they become immersed in Chinese culture through internships, volunteering, activities and events, such as:
- Global Internship Workshop with a personalized internship placement, available in English or Mandarin
- Campus life: students have the opportunity to participate in campus life and activities, and can even choose to live with a Chinese roommate to enhance their language skills.
- My Global City events in Shanghai have included discovering Shanghai’s markets, learning about history and architecture in the Old French Concession, exploring the art scene at Tianzifang Arts and Crafts, or visiting the Yu Garden.
- Excursions to Hangzhou, Suzhou, and Beijing, and experience local travel like sleeper trains.
To learn more about the student experience in Shanghai, please visit our CAPA World Blog!